St Anne’s Church, Shevington with Standish Lower Ground and Crooke
Families and young people’s worker
Part Time Children & Families Worker
20 hours per week
St. Anne’s, Shevington with Standish Lower Ground and Crooke, is a Church of England parish in Blackburn Diocese which is committed to reaching out to its communities with the good news of Jesus Christ. Our Mission Statement is “To know Christ better and to make Christ better known.”
Although on most Sunday mornings the number of people under 18 attending church can be counted in single figures, we have regular contact with a large number of children and young people through our mid-week groups and our monthly Messy Church. We have one Church School and good relationships with the Community Primary Schools (4 in total) and some contact with the local High School.
We are looking for someone
- with a love for Jesus and the gospel.
- who can be a ‘bridge-builder’ with a gift for befriending young people and their families.
- who is able to relate the gospel effectively to the unchurched.
- who is a good team player.
- who can further develop our ministry to and with young people and families.
Closing date: 3rd March Interview Date: 16th March
Please contact the Vicar, Revd. Philip Dennison, for an application form:
Tel: 01257 252136
Job Title: Family and Youth Worker
Employed by: PCC of St. Anne's Church, Shevington, Standish Lower Ground and Crooke
Responsible to: The Vicar/Church Wardens/PCC
Salary: £865 per month
Hours: Typically 20 hours per week.
- To plan, co-ordinate and lead St. Anne’s Church Sunday morning children activities (i.e. Jesus And Me (JAM) and Tiddlywinks).
- To plan and develop some form of outreach to young people within the parish.
- To take a lead role with St. Anne’s Church monthly Messy Church.
- To explore ways by which St. Anne’s Church can strengthen and develop its relationships with the families and young people with whom we are in contact: In partnership with the vicar and PCC.
- To attend monthly meetings with the vicar and/or others involved with work with young people or families.
- Carry out other tasks as required, from time to time, as reasonably requested by the Vicar, the Churchwardens and the PCC.
- To be willing to work flexible working hours.
- To take a full and active part within the worshipping community of St. Anne’s Church.
- There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the post-holder is a Christian (Equality Act 2010). Applicants should be a member of a church that belongs to Churches Together in Britain and Ireland, or The Evangelical Alliance.
- Adhere to relevant Safeguarding, Child Protection and other relevant polices in the execution of the role and maintain confidentiality where required and ensure that all health and safety instructions are followed and that care is taken to ensure safety for self and colleagues, reporting concerns immediately.
An Enhanced Disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau will be required for the post-holder.
NOTE - THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT FORM PART OF YOUR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT
- Experience of working with young people of all ages.
- Ability to relate to young people, their families and their culture.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Ability to relate to a range of people and situations.
- Ability to motivate others and self.
- Administrative and organisational skills.
- High degree of enthusiasm for reaching young people and families with the Good News of Jesus.
- Honest and reliable.
- In full agreement with the mission of St. Anne’s Church.
- Computer literate.
- Full driving licence and access to a car or demonstrable alternative available.
- Relevant qualifications.
- Musical skills.
- Creative skills.